The Arrow Dealerships were the driving force in the creation of the now renowned Teacher Tribute Program. With the help of its founding partners, the wards program first started in the 1997-98 school year, and has continued to grow and is celebrating its 15th Anniversary this year! The purpose of the Teacher Tribute Program is to give students of Abilene and the Big Country the opportunity to recognize and say, "THANK YOU!" to the teachers who have inspired and motivated them to do their best.
The program is successful because of the relationship that exists between the teachers and students of the Big Country. The West Texas values shine through because the teachers give out loving and caring education while the students give back loving and caring appreciation.
The students submit nomination letters to the Teacher Tribute selection committee. This nomination describes to the committee, specifically how their teacher has made a positive impact in their lives. The Teacher Tribute committee meets monthly and selects no more than four (4) and no less than two (2) honorees per month for the following month's presentations. Each honoree is given a designated week in which they are "honored" by the media partners in the following ways:
• Featured on KTXS in a 6and 10 o'clock news story •
• In a 30 second commercial that runs during the week on KTXS •
• Receive $100 CASH •
• Their picture along with their story about their inspiration for becoming a teacher appears in the Abilene Reporter News •
• They get to drive a brand new car for two (2) weeks, courtesy of Arrow Dealerships •
• Featured in a 30 minute TV show on KTXS in May along with all other winners •
• Attend a reception in May at which they can enter to win $500 for their school and $500 for themselves •
• They also receive one last THANK YOU at the reception in May •
This program continues to grow as we are flooded with letters week after week. If you are a student and want to nominate your teacher just click here. If you have questions regarding this program, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.